July 6, 1998 - a letter to my brother

Dear A.,


Thanks for the letter, bro! I actually enjoyed all the different fonts - they add a spice to the letters. (But the spice is definitely different than the variety of Spice Girls' spice -- uggh!). So, Dad told me that Hogi Yogi gave you the bum deal. That's no good. I am sorry about that. I was fired from my first job. In the nursing home. (That was rough). I was depressed for a long time. There was actually a girl who helped me. She said something simple. "Pray, trust in the Lord, and you'll find a job!" It motivated me -- I went and found a job after that, and ended up paying my loan for my Marshall amp. That's when I got into fast-food. I've been in it ever since. But Hogi Yogi was a bum place to work. And if DB still manages it, tell her to give you your job back! From Elder Bettilyon. :)
I hope that you re reading your scriptures. i hope that you are praying every day, too! Ever since I started serving, I've started realizing how important the gospel is. There is nothing more important than Jesus Christ. I love Him. I know you know Him. He understands your pains, your trials, and your sicknesses. And your sins. Christ has carried me in His arms ever since I decided to serve a mission. He's guided me, always told me what to do - and what not to do, though I've sometimes done the "nots" I've always prayed for forgiveness, and Christ always grants it, though I had to take the correct steps to ask for Gods' forgiveness. It has always been granted, tough. Christ's grace is sufficient for all.
Canada is fun. The prophet is coming to visit on Aug 2. That will be cool. I now also live in the Canada Edmonton Mission. It was created July 1st. I haven't met my new mission president yet, but I have an interview with him this Friday. Take Care! Love you!

Elder Bettilyon


[as for the Spice Girls, I guess that even missionaries knew about them they were soooo popular. I remember one family in particular where we ended up discussing them at dinner for several visits in a row. I am a little embarrassed to read my preachy letter to my brother. No wonder he didn't write back immediately! ]

No comments:

Counter and Ads!!!

Try #3, maybe it will work this time.