June 22, 1998

Dear Family,


Thanks for the CDs. I've enjoyed them both. I remember Elder Ray had Living the Legacy, and I always enjoyed it. I was excited when I opened it. P-Day has been good also. i'm actually trying to work with an Elder in my district who is having a rough time wanting to work. He's just not working; which also makes it just a little tough for his companion to work. We went to his house this morning to study with him. That's where obedience begins, waking up on time and studying. Everything else is rationalization.

Tonight, we'll be working w/ the G. family. We're teaching a second discussion and will invite them to be baptized on July 5. Elder F. and I have been having a good time -- working well, too. On Saturdtay night, we sat down and set a goal for five baptisms in July and covenatned with each other and the Lord to wrok for it. And according to our obedience we will be blessed and see the people baptized.

The Canada Edmonton Mission opens July 1st, the new Mission President is President A. They're from California somewhere. President Hinckley is also coming to visit the saints in Canada in August. He'll stop in Edmonton August 2nd, which will be very exciting. I'll be sure to tell you about it.

I've heard there is a new mission in Salt Lake, also. That is exciting. you will have to remember to share the gospel with your friends and tell me how it's going.

Elder O. has also moved up to Edmonton. I hadn't seen him for nearly six - seven months, which was exciting to see him. he says you (Dad) and his Dad keep in pretty close contact. That is good. I hope "everything" with mom is improving. I pray for you all and her often.

Love,
Elder Bettilyon

No comments:

Counter and Ads!!!

Try #3, maybe it will work this time.