June 30, 1998

Dear Family,


Today was a good day I guess. First of all, it's my little brother's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY A.! Also, today we took a trip to the temple. Me, Elder A, our comps and one other set of Elders. it was cool. We're on the way back to Edmonton right now. It's a six hour drive one way, so 12 hours total, at the temple, we did one session and also several sealings. It was exciting and interesting to witness and participate in a sealing.
I hadn't been to the temple for so long, it was good go back and review everything. Lately I've been having a rough time, and my mind has been swimming. I've felt rather stressed and like I'm not doing a good job as a missionary. I can see the fruits of my labors, and they make me happy, but soon after the baptismal service or after the new member discussion, when I can see progression, I seem to forget my success and dwell on my failures. Satan is working hard on me. There is obviously a lot of work to do in St. Albert. I pray I can see it through successfully.
I know I've learned much at the temple, but I've found that a lot of the teaching seems to be learned through logic. The temple is a very logical place. I did feel the Holy Ghost, too, tough, which is important.
We're not having what seems like too much luck w/ anyone who wants to be baptized. I hope we can accomplish our goal of five baptisms this July. Take care. I look forward to your letters.

Love,
Elder Bettilyon

[interesting. What a change from week to week! Last week I was optimistic that we'd have 5 baptisms, the next week I "hoped" that the goal would happen. Not sure what I report in the future, but pretty sure we ended with zero baptisms in July, but one in August.]

No comments:

Counter and Ads!!!

Try #3, maybe it will work this time.